20 Small Things you can do Today to Make Your Story Better
When we think of living better stories we focus on the big stuff.
What job will I take? Where will I live? Will I quit my normal job that I hate and start doing that job that I have always dreamed of but offers me less security? Whom will I marry? Should I move to Africa?
Will I adopt 2 more kids even though I already have 4 of my own? Crazy.
The big stuff is important. But we can’t lose sight of the little stuff either.
Our days are filled with the small things. The seemingly minute. The unimportant. The irrelevant.
But the decisions that we make in the small things is just as important as the big things. It is these small little repetitive decisions that add up over time and define who we are.
Today matters. The small choices we make today matter. What we are doing right now matters.
Here are 20 small things you can choose to do today to make your story better.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Drink more water.
- Help people. There is need everywhere. Find it. Find those who are already helping. Then help.
- Call an old friend.
- Turn off your cell phone and pay attention to the people in your life.
- Give out hugs. Extravagantly.
- Read a book.
- Ask for forgiveness. You need it.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Tell the people that matter to you that you love them.
- Laugh out loud.
- Be generous. Give things away. Money. Your time. Your stuff. Yourself.
- Schedule a trip to some part of the world that you have never been to before but have always dreamed about.
- Drink fewer soft drinks.
- Eat something new. Something different.
- Whatever your greatest fear in life is, do that.
- Take a nap.
- Go for a hot air balloon ride.
- Take the scenic route to work. Roll down the windows. Turn on beautiful music. Dream.
- Share this list on Facebook or Twitter.
What little things do you choose on a daily basis to make your story better?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.